STOCKTON, Calif. – Goals from Alex Gallant and Alan Quine allowed the Stockton Heat to erase a 3-1 deficit in the third period, but Dan Renouf found the back of the net with just 58 seconds remaining in regulation to give Colorado Eagles a 4-3 win Saturday night at the annual Teddy Bear Toss game.
A crowd of 5,543, the largest of the season at Stockton Arena, attended the popular theme night and was brought to action 12:55 into the contest as Austin Czarnik lit the lamp to pull Stockton even at 1-1 in the opening frame. Colorado produced the lone goal of the second, then quickly doubled the advantage early in the third to go up 3-1 before Stockton’s late rally. Logan O’Connor paced the visiting team with a pair of goals, while Stockton got multi-point efforts from Czarnik and Quine.
W: Hunter Miska (41 shots, 38 saves)
L: Jon Gillies (29 shots, 25 saves)
Three Stars: First – Logan O’Connor (2g), Second – Dan Renouf (1g,1a), Third – Hunter Miska (38 svs)
Shots On Goal: STK – 41, COL – 29
Power Plays: STK – 0-0, COL – 0-3
– The game was played in front of an attendance of 5,543, the largest home crowd of the season.
– Austin Czarnik scored the game’s first goal to trigger the Teddy Bear Toss at 12:55 of the first period.
– Martin Pospisil notched his first pro point with an assist on Alex Gallant’s goal in the third.
– Czarnik and Alan Quine each had a goal and an assist in the game.
– The contest was the first time in five tries that Colorado has held the Heat without a point at Stockton Arena, now 3-1-0-1 in the brief all-time series.
– Stockton outshot Colorado 17-4 while erasing a two-goal deficit in the third period.
– Stockton has lost back-to-back home games for just the second time this season, the first time going without a point in back-to-back home contests.
The Heat will battle Colorado once again Monday at 1 p.m. at Stockton Arena, then will close out the pre-All-Star Break portion of the schedule Friday night against Ontario at Stockton Arena.
Match Recap Courtesy of the Stockton Heat Media Relations