SACRAMENTO, CA – An MRI conducted this morning on Kings forward Marvin Bagley III revealed a non-displaced fracture (right thumb) sustained during Wednesday’s game vs. Phoenix. Bagley is expected to miss 4-6 weeks. His status will be updated as appropriate.
The second year 234 lb. 6-11 Forward out of Duke had earned a starting role in 2019. The Kings had high hope for Bagley coming into the 2019 season after he missed 20-game his rookie year due to injury.
Marvin Bagley III
2nd overall – Sacramento
- Born Marvin Bagley III on Mar. 14, 1999
- Son of Marvin Bagley Jr. and Tracy Bagley
- As a native of Durham, N.C. his father played college football at North Carolina A&T
- Has two brothers, Marcus and Martray
- Loves to write and record music
- Played one season of high school basketball with the 2018 No. 1 pick, Deandre Ayton during 2015-16
- While living in Los Angeles, he volunteered at Hoops with Hear, a non-profit benefitting underprivileged youth.